Scalamobil is a battery operated portable stair climber that attaches to most manual wheelchairs. This innovative device can ascend or descend almost any type of stair from spiral staircases to wood or stone step surfaces without wear and tear. No modifications or installations to existing building structures required.
• Masters steps effortlessly
• Climbs up to 300 steps with a single battery charge
• Supports occupant weights up to 140 kg/265 lbs (without wheelchair)
• Tackles narrow and spiral staircases
• Stairs are not subject to damage or wear, thanks to the intelligent climbing system
• Four automatic brakes for maximum safety
• Can be fitted to most manual wheelchairs
• Patented safety sensors
• Also available with push-chair or integrated seat unit
We also rent the Scalamobil for those who need the unit on a temporary basis. We are more than happy to demo the unit at people’s homes or at rehab facilities.
With summer upon us the Scalamobil is an option to help that loved one get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather, to visit a restaurant they haven’t been to in awhile or to that special wedding. This is one of the most versatile pieces of mobility equipment on the market today.
This Article was written by Edward Still, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at BILD – call BILD today for a free demonstration of the scalamobil, or visit our website page – options for managing stairs – for more information on the scalamobil or other options for stair management at home.
See our video demonstration of the Scalamobil from the 2013 Milwaukee NARI show: