BILD Virtual Accessibility Consulting
Helping you create a plan
The Accessibility Team of BILD, offers nationally recognized expertise in:
- Accessibility Planning
- Safe Transfer Solutions
- Options for Safety in the Home
Offering Virtual Accessibility Consulting to find the best solutions for home safety.
Benefit from the Guidance of the Experts
Our nationally known team of experts provide the knowledge and experience of accessibility consultants and clinicians, Rob Horkheimer MPT, CEAC, ECHM, CLIPP, CAPS and Melissa Lydecker MPT, CLIPP, ECHM, renown accessibility consultant and lift specialist, Edward Still CLIPP, and the expertise of our interior designer Brian Drew. We have educated thousands of therapists, contractors, designers and individuals on the principals of accessibility, safe handling solutions, and strategies for independence and safety in the home, with a decade of experience as the national Go-To accessibility consultants.
Virtual Consulting for the Safety of our Clients
With the Covid-19 pandemic response, and social distancing guidelines, use of remote technology using computers, tablets, or smartphones have become much more utilized for staying socially connected during this time. As many of us come from a healthcare background, we understand the importance of social distancing to protect the health and safety of our clients. We also understand that these services are needed now to protect our clients. Fall prevention, safe management in the home, caregiver safety, and safe transfers are essential to keep individuals at home and out of the emergency room. Remote Accessibility Consulting allows us to ensure this is the case.
Our Team is Here for You
Our Credentials Include:
- ECHM – Executive Certificate in Home Modifications
- BBB, NARI, and Live at Home professional organizational memberships
- MPT – Masters in Physical Therapy
- CAPS – Certified Aging in Place Specialists
- CLIPP – Certified Living in Place Professionals
- CEAC – Certified Environmental Access Consultants
- We are nationally recognized experts and educators, and have trained thousands of industry professionals on the best accessibility practices
Our Process and Options for Virtual Accessibility Consulting:
BILD does provide local quotes and estimates within the state of Wisconsin and in Illinois. Our virtual accessibility consulting service offers video conferencing and an accessibility expert to provide recommendations and guidance through developing a plan, with the option of interior design services to help configure a layout and design (such as a bathroom design) within the home. We initially send an accessibility needs intake questionnaire prior to initiating the scheduled consultation. Consulting can be performed with any of the following platforms: Zoom, Skype, or Facetime (by Apple). We provide the following virtual consulting options:
- Consultation Package 1 – Video conferencing consultation meeting = $199 for upto 1 hour consultation ($159 for each additional hour)
- Consultation Package 2 – Video conferencing consultation meeting with written summary of recommendations = $299 for upto 1 hour consultation ($159 for each additional hour)
- Design Work – CAD Design (starting at $599 – project size dependent)
- Blueprints required for specific dimensional designs
- Hand measurements for approximate layout designs
BILD is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and provides accessible construction and remodeling services in Wisconsin and Illinois regions. Our virtual consultation services can be performed nationwide and meetings can be performed with individuals with mobility impairments, family members, caregivers, and other individuals such as contractors who will be involved in providing the plan for accessibility needs of the individual.
BILD offers the most highly trained accessibility specialists (CAPS, CEAC, ECHM, CLIPP certified) who have backgrounds as experienced occupational and physical therapists. We are national experts who teach accessibility professionals on the topic of remodeling and accessibility options. Our unique, integrated approach and consultations with our clients ensures attention to detail for your safety and independence.